World Excellence Awards the organisation that runs the Outstanding Security Performance Awards (OSPAs) has today announced that the first-ever Global OSPAs will take place in 2025 – which means category winners from each country will qualify for entry to the global awards.
The awards scheme began in 2015 with events in Norway, Australia, and Germany and since then, Benelux, Canada, France, India and South Asia, Kenya, New Zealand, Nigeria, Romania, South Africa, Southeast Asia, and USA have been added to the programme.
The OSPAs pride themselves on being different, they have been designed to be ethical, and based on values of being independent, credible, transparent, and respectable. They do not appoint the judges, they are nominated by supporting associations and interest groups; the judges mark to an ethics policy, they mark independently against published criteria. This is the same all over the world.
The OSPAs provide a level playing field for all that enter and are seen by many as one of the most prestigious accolades to be awarded in the security sector around the world.
“When we started the OSPAs we always envisaged and were working towards the Global OSPAs, that is why the categories are the same, the judging criteria is the same, and the judges are selected in the same way in all countries,” said founder of the OSPAs Professor Martin Gill.
“Ten years on we are ready to recognise the outstanding performers in security globally. We are excited by the prospect that everyone who enters the OSPAs in 2024 has the chance of not only winning in their country but in the world.”
Categories that are included in the Global OSPAs are:
- Outstanding In-House Security Manager/Director
- Outstanding Contract Security Manager/Director
- Outstanding Security Team
- Outstanding Security Company (Guarding)
- Outstanding Security Consultant
- Outstanding Security Training Initiative
- Outstanding Security Installer/Integrator
- Outstanding New Security Product
- Outstanding Security Partnership
- Outstanding Security Officer
- Outstanding Female Security Professional
- Outstanding Young Security Professional
- Outstanding Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Initiative
- Outstanding Security Sustainability Award
The first OSPA global event will take virtually at the beginning of 2025 further details will be published on the Global OSPAs website in due course.